Skip to main content

How To Apply For A Solo Parent ID

Just recently, I got my Solo Parent ID. I've been a single parent for quite some time already and in the past, I didn't know that I am eligible for this kind of benefit. This is important especially when you are company-employed because you'd be entitled to an additional 7 days paid leave from your company, this is on top of the regular leave credits provided to you. For unemployed parents, there are other benefits or programs offered by the local government.

I would like to share the process to my fellow single parents on how I was able to secure this ID.


Prior getting, I also did my research to know the process and requirements. Unfortunately, the information found online are no longer updated. I had troubled myself to go back twice, which is waste of time, effort and money instead of having it all done in just one day.

Hopefully, this blog would be helpful to others who's planning to apply for this ID.

I lived in Makati, so I applied here in our Municipality. If you plan to apply for this, I suggest to go to your local municipality hall where you are a registered voter. Most probably, this is part of the process since the Voter's ID or certificate is one of the requirements.

Requirements for Solo Parent ID Application
The requirements list was given to me by a DSWD Representative. I asked the receptionist on which floor should I go to apply for a Solo Parent ID, she directed me to proceed to the DSWD Office located at the 4th floor.

The first time I went there, I do not have my complete requirements with me (this is what I was talking about earlier, I tried the online search but the details aren't updated anymore) so I had to go back some other day, time is gold so it's such a waste.

Upon completing all the necessary requirements, I went back and submitted some photocopy, some original copy as required, to the DSWD Representative and I was asked to fill out a Solo Parent ID Application Form (you cannot print a form online, this will be handed to you from their office).

Original (As Required):
  • Baranggay Certificate as Solo Parent - from a Local Baranggay Office. I paid Php 50.00 for the certificate. Just present a valid ID.
  • Affidavit of Solo Parent - from a Notary Public Office. I paid Php 200.00 for two original copies. You'll have a spare since you only need to submit 1 copy for the application. Just present a valid ID.
  • 2x2 ID picture of the applicant (2 pcs.) - one is for the application form and the other one is for the Solo Parent ID card.
  • Latest picture of child and applicant - I submitted a wallet size photo. It doesn't indicate a specific size requirement. It was accepted anyway, it was a selfie of me and my daughter, so any latest or recent photo will do.


Photocopy:


  • Applicant's Voter's ID or Voter's Certificate (latest)
  • Latest ITR 2316 or Payslip or Certificate of Employment (proof of income)
  • Birth Certificate Of Child - I submitted a local civil registry birth certificate, NSO authenticated copy is not necessary.
  • School ID Of Child - only required if your child is already attending school.

I paid Php 20.00 for the ID lamination. I was advised that there will be a home visitation by a DSWD Representative and was provided a date when I can claim my ID. I went back after 30 days. Upon receiving, I was asked me to put my details on a logbook (name, address, contact number, etc).

Solo Parent ID Card (Front)
Solo Parent ID Card (Back)
Additional Note: By the way, I am married and not legally separated. I was still able to get the ID. When I requested the affidavit from the law office, I advised them that I am "de facto separated" and they already know what to do.

Same thing that I told to the DSWD representative who assisted me. They're aware that you can secure this ID even you are legally married, as long as you no longer live together (for at least 1 year) and your child/children stays with you.


Also, we never had any home visitation nor aware if that happens. But no one actually came to our house for this. Just an FYI. This is in my case, I'm not sure if they really do conduct home visits.

Hope this helps! Feel free to leave your comments or questions. I'll try my best to answer them as much as I could. πŸ’‹

Comments

  1. Hi po, I already have a solo parent Id and wants to renew for year 2017. Would you know the requirements if its just renewal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response. I've been busy for quite sometime. Not sure if you still need this information though, when I renewed mine, they ask for the same requirements but didn't ask for the picture since they already have it. But they required an updated baranggay clearance and proof of income (ITR, Payslip or COE). Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  2. Nag apply din ako nyan last year andg i was denied for the simple reason that my kiddo is not staying with me 24/7. Dui!! Nagtatrabaho ako sa gabi at tulog sa umaga!pag may pasok ako, nasa taguig anak ko, dun sa tita para may mag bantay sa kanya. Gusto nila, sa taguig ako mag apply since andun ang bata! Wala 'to sa batas ng pag apply para sa lintek na id na yan at di din nakasulat sa requirements nila. My child is just 2 years old and alagain. Saan nila nakita yung sense ng rason para ma deny ang application ko! Urgh! So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Sorry to hear that. :( You may try submitting another application this year. I suggest to just tell them that your kid is staying with you during the interview. That might work. Goodluck! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi ask ko lang what if unemployed? Syempre wlng ITR db?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, if u r unemployed. No need to pass the itr

      Delete
  4. How but 49 yrs old can still got id

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is okay if u are 49 as long as you passed all the rquirements.

      Delete
  5. Bank of Baroda is considered to be the second largest state – owned Indian bank and is head – quartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
    Bank of Baroda IFSC Code Pune
    Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched IFSC codes which stand for Indian Financial System Code.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ask ko lng pwd ba mag apply ako ng solo parent card sa makati kahit na ang anak q ay sa bacolod at aq nandto sa makati....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to get the id in bacolod or you can ask the DSWD in 4th floor in Makati. You can call them just forgot the number.pero can be found in google. They are accomodating naman kahit sa phone. I got all the requirements needed tru phone lang.

      Delete
  7. Hi pde po ba ko mag apply ng solo parent sa first baby ko kahit na my bago na kong kinakasama and kasal na po ko naun sa new husband ko thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi what are the benefits of SoLo parent id holder specially in makati. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. since you are married. did u use the surname of ur husband when u applied?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello po ask ko lng panu po if ofw yung mother? Kailangan din po ba ng itr ng BIR? Then wala din po ako voters ID since ofw po ako at di ko pa natry mgparegister to votr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mommawander! In my case, I am single father which can be considered a solo parent too. Am I allowed by the law eligible for this benefit?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m single mom how to get application form for single mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Myths

As a mom, we all want the best for our children. We may not be perfect as an individual, but we'll surely do everything to be the best mom that we could possibly be, right mommas? 😊 Here are "some" breastfeeding myths that people around us, no offense meant, usually our elderly or old folks believe inπŸ’. I completely understand that in their old days they lived up with these myths but as parents of this generation where we already developed new technology and thorough research has been done already, it's not a bad idea to be updated, informed and knowledgeable so we can pass it along to our children and be able to raise them well. πŸ’‹ Credits to the amazing mommas in Breastfeeding Pinays Facebook group for this helpful list. Here it goes: πŸ‘‡ 1. The Kanin-Ulam Chronicles - kanan, kaliwa, parehong gatas ang nilalabas nyan. Walang kanin, walang ulam, walang tubig. Lahat gatas! 2. Ang Dedeng Pagod - panong mapapasa sa gatas ang pagod? Napapagod ba ang gatas?

Formula Milk Brands with Manufacturer | Available in the Philippines

Breast milk is the best for babies. But, hey! FED IS BEST too! Breastfeeding doesn't always work for everyone. Our fellow mommas also tried so hard and we'll never know their real struggle unless we have the same circumstances. The question on "Which formula milk is the best for my baby?" is always the first thing to ask. Formula milks are all different in their own ways and it really depends on which one would work best for your little ones. As they say "hiyangan lang yan". For mommas out there, looking for the available formulas in the market, I'll try my best to include the prices later on. But for now, here's the list that you can consider : Formula (Manufacturer) PROMIL SERIES (Wyeth) S-26 / S-26 GOLD   (Wyeth)   BONAMIL   (Wyeth) ENFAMIL / ENFAGROW  (Mead Johnson) NUTRAMIGEN (Mead Johnson) LACTUM  (Mead Johnson) ALACTA (Mead Johnson) ISOMIL PLUS (Abbott) PEDIA SURE (Abbott) SIMILAC